Skip to main content

Amber Update! My Blythe doll


Amber Update!


So, as promised, here are some pictures of my little Blythe doll sweetheart, Amber! Yaaay!


I was really excited when I got her. We actually went to pick her up on our way to the office that morning. When I got home, I immediately played with her and took some pictures. As you can see with my last post, Blythe doll, Amber

After playing with her, I started sketching the first outfit I would make for her. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find where my sketch is after making the dress! (Typical me >_< ) I will update you if ever I find it.  

I decided to make a white doll dress with white high-waist short underneath. The front of the skirt is shorter and the back is longer, but not too long. I used a portable sewing machine on the upper part of the dress. The sleeves and the skirt are hand-sewn because I am not really good with handling the sewing machine. I find it hard to use especially with the round shapes.

I actually made a lot of mistakes! The first batch I made was a too small! I can't close the back. I forgot to add some allowance for sewing. Again, I was going to share the pictures but I can't find it! (Ugh!) i really need to be more organized! (*sigh)

I was not really able to document the step-by-step process because this is the first outfit that I made in a long time and I was not really sure what I was doing. The dress is not finished yet when I took these pictures, but I was too excited to try it on her! Anyway, here are some more the pictures! 

 
 


Yeah, it's not perfect, but hey I think it looks so cute on her! I will be posting some pictures of the finished white dress with all the laces I've added. :3

By the way,  if you are looking for this type of doll you can definitely find some here at Aliexpress ===> http://bit.ly/2sQEZuU
I am affiliated with them and you would help me by clicking with the link above.
I personally purchased from them and it was wall good!

So what do you think? I really hope you like it! Cheers!

Instagram ► https://www.instagram.com/crochetladymint/ 

Facebook Page ► https://www.facebook.com/crochetladymint/ 
Youtube ► https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrZV35QxJz6nqncVOCi-inQ

Comments