Skip to main content

I miss Amber, my Blythe doll!


Hello guys!


As you can see in the title, I really miss my lovely Amber! I have not seen her for almost four months! The thing is that I was really fond of this cute blythe face that I saw on Instagram. Luckily, I have a friend who knows someone who cutomizes dolls! How cool was that!


So I immediately contacted her and we made our deal - Great! We had our transaction last week of March, but then, until today (July ) apparently, she still have not finished it yet. I personally handed my precious Amber to her. By the way, I only had my Blythe doll with me for less than a week because I ordered her online and had to wait for about 2 weeks for her to arrive in our country. So you know the feels, right!?


She promised that it would only take her about two weeks, the most is three(?) weeks (I am not so sure), but one this is for sure - that it won't take her a whole month to make it. As a crafter my self (I am by no means a Pro, for that matter), I understand that it would really take more time, so I assured her that it is really not a problem and she should take her time to make it right. Oh wow, she really did take her time! ( LOL ) I mean, yeah I told her to take her time, but of course I also meant to stick with the estimated time that she gave me. I will not really be mad if it was going to take her the whole month as long as the output is nice!


At first she was really enthusiastic and all! She updates every once in a while, which I appreciate a lot! But then, slowly she rarely updates. I would reach out to her, and she said she was having a hard time with it. I do craft myself so I know that sh*t happens so I told her she can do it and some other words of encouragement. She is after all still a student, which I really admire, such a hard worker! I am really impressed. I can totally relate with having difficulty balancing time. I have a day job from Mondays to Fridays, sometimes until Saturday, and during crunchtime, until Sunday. It is really hard. So, I told her again it's okay and to never neglect her studdies.


So, days passed and it was May already and I have not gotten any update so I reached out to her and asked if there was any update about my doll. She said that she is doing it and that she added the putty on the dolls face and would update me. Almost a week of waiting, she finally contacted me and said that she is back from the grave of depression and demotivation and that she is lit and determined to sand and sculpt again. More than a week passed again and I got a message from her. She sent me pictues of her current progress.


I never heard again from her until last June. She sent me another message and some videos of her progress. At this point, I just really want her to finish it. I am getting really tired and (kind of) impatient, but of course I just let my cool and I guess I just have to wait. For how long? I really don't know. It is now July and have not heard from her since. Oh, and yeah I reached out again last Monday asking for any update, but I got a response the other day saying that she's been really busy. Now, it's the last week of July and still no update.


As I am writing this now I am really wondering what is taking her way too long. Oh and kind of out of frustration, I bought two Blythe dolls. I would be introducing them to you soon! My boyfriend was intrigued by customizing the doll because I can't stop talking about it!  I bought two Blythe dolls because we wanted to try and customize too. From the start, I really wanted to customize Blythe dolls myself but I did not have the courage (and funds). This time, we really had to man up and do it ourselves. Anyway, I am not going to talk about it now because this post is too long already! I will definitely update you guys once I get Amber (if I get Amber LOL).


I guess the moral of my long post is that we, as crafters, should never ever over promise. I think we should let our client know what we can do and how long you can actually do it honestly. Most of all, we should meet our deadline. If we can't really make it just reach out to our client and not leave them hanging.


By the way, if you are looking for this type of doll you can definitely find some here at Aliexpress ===> http://bit.ly/2sQEZuU


I am affiliated with them and you would help me by clicking with the link above. I personally purchased from them and it was all good!

Thank you so much for talking time to read this. I really wish you have a great day! Cheers!


Instagram ► https://www.instagram.com/crochetladymint/ 

Facebook Page ► https://www.facebook.com/crochetladymint/ 
Youtube ► https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrZV35QxJz6nqncVOCi-inQ

Comments